Jun 4, 2009

In LOVE!






With a bowl that is. This is my favorite thing that I have made to date! I really think so, and want to declare it before I open up the cooling wood kiln on this weekend. What a beauty. Notice the side where the soda hit the pot and made the glaze translucent. The creamy white on the outside, that is blushed from copper. Possibly from the inside, possibly from the atmosphere. The garnet inside with a slight purple accent. The lip that holds a wealth of crystals, and is at the perfect angle for a spoon or your lips. This bowl also has a pleasant weight to it, where durability and ease are balanced. Lately I have been trying to throw with a lot of intention and confidence, recorded in throwing marks that suggest movement in the object, and reference the process by which it was made. I think this bowl is a really successful example of that.
I hope you like this one as much as I do :-)

No comments: